I have thought a lot about marriage over the last few weeks. John and I celebrated 25 years in November 2016.
25 years! can we all just pause and revel in that awesomeness for a sec? …..Okay. Done!
I was pondering all of the times my husband helped make my dreams come true. I will just write a short list (in no particular order and not a complete list either)
- when I finally was able to visit England and see Princess Diana’s childhood home
- making me a mom
- meeting me at the airport
- adopting children
- making our family eternal
- taking me to Hawaii
- indulging me in my desire to travel
- DISNEYLAND! the 1,2,3,4,5,6th time.
So, I was thinking about all of the really BIG things he has done.
He listens to me. When I ramble on and on and on…he pays attention. I mentioned making this wall and when I came home from work it was done.
It isn’t all of those big things he does, although don’t get me wrong they are nice. It is the many little things.
- The way I see him cradle our youngest son.
- Listening to him play UNO with a group of our kiddos.
- Having a snowball fight
- watching a netflix tv show together every night
- him crawl in on my side of the bed first to warm it up
- praying together
- watching him laugh
- buying me lamination paper so I can do school projects
But mostly…it is being heard. It is wonderful to be married to a man who values my role as a wife, mother and woman so much. I love you!