It is so hard to be budget conscious at Christmas for me. I always try the three presents rule but always end up doing a bigger Christmas. It seems like there are so many needs of my children especially at this time of year. So, might I suggest a few ideas to get into the Christmas spirit without going overboard or over budget…
1. Set your price limit and DON’T deviate!
2. My kids love getting there very own box of cereal for Christmas so, consider cheaper fun alternatives that will quickly become your quirky traditions.
3. Keep it simple…
4. We are trying secret service this year. Everyone drew names to do service for, until Christmas.
5. You are never too old for a pair of pajama pants.
6. Not everyone needs a gift, some of the best gifts are a kind letter to a family member or the sharing of a holiday memory.
7. Go caroling and christmas light watching (I love to hear the oohs and ahhs over light shows in the neighborhood).
8. Remember what we are celebrating and why we are celebrating. It’s not about Santa and presents..put some real meaning into Christmas.
9. Come up with easy traditions that can be carried out for the next 50 years like, a special food, game or getting new pajamas on Christmas Eve.
10. Know that no matter what Christmas is a time to enjoy not stress over, relax, have a glass of hot chocolate and share a secret smile when you see another shopper who is harried and stressed out looking.